June 2017 – Quarterly
Match Schedule for June:
DATE DAY MATCH/EVENT
JUNE 17 SAT M1 GARAND/CMP/MMR 6- OR -18-BENCH SIDE
JUNE 24 SAT NRA COWBOY SILHOUETTE 18-BENCH SIDE
JUNE 25 SUN VARMINT FOR SCORE IDAHO STATE MATCH 18 BEN
MATCH RESULTS: Results of the May 20 CMP/MMR match.
High Score of the seven that participated belonged to Mark George, with 483 (of 500) and 23x,
Second was Dick Domey with 477/24x – Third was Howard Coolley with 463/5x.
Dick Domey (retired military shooter, shooting author, and Olympic participant), shared several bits of information to help all shooters during the event. Apparently Mark George is a good listener – eh?
If you have anything you want the Board to address at the next meeting contact club “amanuensis”,
Dalton Lombard (H) 208-798-4977; (C) 208-305-1866; firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
ITEMS of NOTE:
- Last Newsletter Mailing: This is the final issue of LCWC, postal delivered, newsletter.
- New Newsletter Issuing: Due to the publication of monthly meeting minutes, the need for a monthly newsletter has been deemed unwarranted. Beginning in June, 2017 the club newsletter will be published quarterly. This is the “First Quarter” sports fans!
- If you have any club-related (short) stories, member biographies, shooting competitions and events, photos that you like to share in future club newsletters please send them to: email@example.com
- Club Benefits: Sportsman’s Warehouse and Motion Auto Supply in Lewiston offer club members a 5% discount if you show your membership card.
- Club Meeting Door Prize: Winner, Glen Whismore – of Motion Auto Parts in Lewiston – picked up a copy of “Ammo & Ballistics” (fifth edition); by Bob Forker. Congrats!
- Member, Steve Lindsley, has suffered a tragic accident and must sell many items in a Yard Sale. Included will be reloading items, knives, etc. Date: June 17th – Address: 2370 Florence Lane, Clarkston.
- Club Work Day: Many thanks to those that enjoyed a day of club maintenance – Gary Casperson, Tony Love, Marque French, Dan Brandolino, Rick Brigham, Marv Dugger, Mark Moeckli, Jack Von Bargen, Tim Kopczynski, Scott Olsen, Mike Butler. Apologies to those names that may have been missed!
- Grant: A big “Thank You!” to the fine folks of Idaho’s Department of Fish & Game for their continued support.
- Huge LCWC Raffle: The club has big plans for a number of valuable items to be raffled away! These items include $1000 & $250 shopping sprees at your choice of one of five area vendors, club memberships and more! More details are coming soon!
- Please support the NRA, their cause is ours.
NEXT CLUB MEETINGS:
Dates Wednesdays: July 5th / August 2nd / September 6th
Time: Will be 6:00 pm (1800 hrs), as usual.
Location: The JACK O’CONNOR HUNTING and HERITAGE CENTER at HELLS GATE STATE PARK.